Background 575

Friday, November 7, 2014

Swimming!

We had passes to Seven Peaks this year, and were able to go several times.  It was a little more difficult with Brynn, since it's her nap time shortly after it opens, but we made it work.  I was so impressed with the kids this year!  They sure are getting brave, especially Ashlyn!  She convinced Jayden to go on Jagged Edge with her.  He thought it was ok, but she LOVED it.  Next, she went on the Skybreaker.  She also loved it.  I noticed when she came out she caught some serious air.  It's scary seeing your (what I still think as little) kids do scary things!!  I kept thinking I was going to take pictures, but I never did.  (I will include a pic off google to show those two slides.)




I did get a picture of John, Ashlyn, and Jayden going on the Boomerang!  Jayden HATED it.  Jacob was sad that he's not tall enough go ride it.



Here's Jacob on some kiddie rides while we were waiting for the big kids.



We also went to a party for the Provo firefighters & their families at the Rec center outdoor pool.  I did manage to keep track of all kids and I got some pictures!  John was on duty during the party.





Brynn kept crawling too deep and couldn't 
crawl and breathe at the same time...  Darn girl!







 The day before school started, we went to Yuba Lake, near Fillmore, to use John's parents boat.  Unfortunately, it was a freezing cold day!  That didn't stop the kids though!







Brynn hated the life jacket, and this was the ONLY
was to keep her from screaming the entire time!
Safe driving...  Luckily, we were one of the 
only boats on the entire lake.
Jayden was able to get up on the knee board a couple years ago, and so Jacob was determined to do it too!  Johnathan and I were sure he wouldn't be able to get up, but we let him try.  That little guy got up on his FIRST TRY!!!  I think he's so light he was able to do it pretty easily!
Trying to get the strap on
Pretty proud of himself!
After a crash
A second try


 After a while, he started showing off with his
hand off to the side  :)

Jayden also did the knee board, but I wasn't there so I didn't get any pics.  Ashlyn also tried to get up, but wasn't able to.  Ashlyn was very nervous about the water.  (She takes after her mother... I HATE swimming in lake water.)  When she wasn't able to do the knee board and fell off, she kept a hold of the rope handle and wouldn't let go because she was scared of being alone in the water.  We were dragging her along (really slow) and John kept yelling to let go but she wouldn't.  She let out a heart-wrenching scream "Help me!" and John finally stopped the boat.  I was ready to jump out and save her at that point!  We ended up pulling her in to the boat by the rope.




Man!  I love these kiddos!!!

We only had a little while to swim at the lake and then we had to race back to "Back to School" night.  It was a fun trip though!

No comments:

Post a Comment