Background 575

Friday, November 7, 2014

Lagoon!

This year, we gave the kids a choice of taking swimming lessons or going to Lagoon.  It was a unanimous vote for Lagoon!  It's been several years since we've gone.  We invited my parents & siblings to come along too.  We headed up early in the morning and got our camp set up (we brought up the trailer so we could stay the night nearby and play as long as possible).  Then we headed in to the park around opening time.  The first place we headed was the kiddy-land.


 Jayden and my brother, Jared
 Waiting in line
Notice how Jayden's almost as tall as his mother?
I don't like it... Not one bit...
 Jayden and my brother, Joe

 We moved on to the bigger rides :)
 Jacob and I on the Bat
This was Jacob's favorite ride.  I think
he will be a daredevil like his dad and older sister
 Nap time for the baby
 





 Grandma and Brynn
 This was Jacob's second favorite ride.  We 
went on it several times while waiting
for the taller people to ride the scary rides.
Jacob was sad to miss out on so many rides,
but he was happy to be able to go on this one alone
(well, with me watching him anyways)


 Do you like Jamie's photo bomb?

 Brynn was learning pole dancing skills...


 The whole gang... minus Grandpa.  Not sure where he was

My daredevil sister decided she wanted to go on the sky coaster and really wanted someone to go with her.  She easily got Johnathan to do with her.  Then Ashlyn said she wanted to go...  For those who don't know, the skycoaster is a ride in which you are strapped into a harness like shown below, then they attach a cable to your back.  They pull you up 143 feet into the air and let you plummet toward the ground, hoping the cable doesn't snap, preventing a horrific death.  Oh, and you have to pay extra for it...  Sounds fun, right?  Why wouldn't I let my 9 year old do this?!?!

I curse my husband for passing on his daredevil genes to our offspring...


 Getting pulled up...

At this point I switched over to a video and got no more photos.  I'm sure you're all worried, so I'll save you some anxiety and tell you that no one dies.  Thankfully!  Here's the video:



We were able to go on most every ride.  I tried a new ride and I regret going on it.  I am a wimp with rides... At least I tried.  Ashlyn loves ALL the rides, especially Wicked!  Johnathan is excited to have someone who will do the scary rides without making him deaf.  Jayden likes to hang out with his mom on the kiddy rides.  Yeah for us!!  I am thinking that Jacob will loves the scary rides like his dad.  What will Brynn be like?  Only time will tell.  The only ride she got to go on was the Carousel, because her mom is too cheap to pay for a full day pass so she can go on a couple rides.  We snuck her on at closing time :)



It was a fun day and we were happy to have my family come with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment