Background 575

Monday, August 13, 2012

Jacob's Drawing

In church yesterday, I noticed Jacob trying really hard when he was coloring.  What initially tipped me off to notice him was he was quiet for about 5 minutes with hardly any moving.  Since that beat his record of no talking by about 4.5 minutes, I decided to check and see what he was doing.  He really doesn't like to color all that much.  Mostly he just scribbles for about 10 seconds and wants to do something else.  It was fun to see him working so hard.  After he was done with his picture, he turned over the page and started drawing on the back.  Here's his drawing:


I know it's really hard to see (I couldn't get it to scan any darker), but I was so impressed with it, I had to share!  If you look hard, you can see that he is drawing people.  Our family in fact.  He started with the one on the far left and moved to the right.  He included hands, feet, ears on top, 2 eyes and a big round nose.  One of my favorite things as a mom is to see my kids learn new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment