Background 575

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feeling Sick

I was feeling sick the other day, actually for 3 days in a row, and they happened to be Johnathan's work days.  I really wasn't feeling like making dinner one night, so I decided the kids would make it for us.  They were absolutely excited about it!  They really were! 

I just let them work out who got to do what, and they did a fabulous job of taking charge.

Jayden & Ashlyn cracked the eggs (didn't get a pic)

 Jacob mixed the eggs.  Then Ashlyn cooked them.

 They all helped put the biscuits on the pan.

Voila! The finished meal!  Scrambled eggs and biscuits :)

I was surprised at how well they did!  I am sort of a perfectionist, but I forced myself to just let them do it all with a little coaching from me watching at the table.  It was hard for me to not fix the biscuits that weren't lined up just right (I know it doesn't matter, it just bugs me...), but I didn't!  I've decided the kids need more opportunities to cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment