Background 575

Monday, January 6, 2014

The BIG Kindergartener!

I can't believe it, but Jacob has started Kindergarten!  He LOVES it!  I was a little worried about him doing all day kindergarten because he hardly even did preschool (we just did a neighborhood joy school last year) and he was still taking a nap off and on up until school started.  It was an adjustment for him but he is doing great!  One time before bed he told me that he was maybe getting sick.  I mentioned that maybe he would have to stay home from school the next day and he quickly changed his mind about not feeling well.

Here are some pics of the first day of school:




Johnathan got asked to do a presentation for Safety Week for the Kindergarten classes.  He did really well


I also signed up to go on a field trip with Jacob's class.  We went to the big red barn in Santaquin.  It was a lot of fun learning about their little family farm.  They took us on a hay ride out to one of the fields where the kids could pick a pumpkin and do several fun activities like a maze, riding a bike thing, playing in the sandbox, sliding down a big slide.  It was really crazy.  So. Many. Kids.  I finally had to let go of my control issues of needing to know where all my kids were and tried to enjoy the chaos.  I was only in charge of 4 kids too.  Then the kids got to have a picnic lunch.

 Crazy Kindergarteners

 They got to eat a yummy apple from the tree at the farm


 The maze I lost Jacob in

 Our little picnic

Jacob's class put on a Christmas Program.  They sang several Christmas songs.  I thought I was so prepared and remembered to bring the video camera and the camera, but realized I didn't bring the battery (that was charging) for the camera.  I only got 2 pictures from my phone because I was way back.  Oh well, I got a video of most of it.


What a cute little reindeer!



1 comment: