Background 575

Friday, October 4, 2013

End of Summer Adventure- Day 2

The second day was the day I was most worried about.  We really wanted to go to the zoo, but I knew I couldn't walk up and down all the hills and all over the zoo.  Johnathan insisted that we rent a wheelchair for me to ride in.  At first I told him absolutely not!  Then I thought about my kids and how much they wanted to go to the zoo.  I wanted to go with them too.  So, I ended up swallowing my pride and allowing John to push me around in the wheelchair.  By the end of us seeing the zoo, I knew I had done the right thing.  We all had fun and I knew I couldn't have done all that walking.  This was the first time that we saw so many very active animals.  We especially loved the polar bear.  I'm not sure why, but every time we go to the zoo the batteries in our camera always die.  Seriously.  So, we took some pics with John's phone, but we didn't get very many.





After the zoo, we used our pass to eat lunch at The Lion House.  I was really excited to eat there for the first time.  We got a ton of food!  The passes basically gave us $50 ($10 for each pass), so everyone got lunch, drinks, and a dessert.  The rolls were especially yummy!




Next we went to the Clark Planetarium.  We had never been here before and were glad we went.  It was a lot of fun.  They have some really neat exhibits and displays.  I didn't know it is free to go inside either!  You just pay if you want to watch their movies (which we got to watch 2 with our passes).  One movie we chose was really scary for the kids so we left, but the other was awesome.





After the Planetarium, we walked across the street to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.  Again, the kids had lots of fun.  After going to all these places, I was reminded how much I don't like crowds.  I hate dealing with so many obnoxious and oblivious people.  When we were done, I was very glad to be headed to my quiet(ish) house.  With only my family.  That I can boss around.  Haha, J/K.






I'm so glad we were able to get away for a couple days and go have some fun together.  We will definitely get these passes again!


No comments:

Post a Comment