Background 575

Friday, October 4, 2013

End of Summer Adventure- Day 1

Earlier this year I found an awesome deal on 2-day passes we could use to get us into a bunch of fun places around Salt Lake.  I wanted to do them this summer with the kids, but have been physically in a lot of pain, especially when walking too much, which is what we would do with these passes.  So, we kept putting them off and eventually figured we would use them after the baby came.  Then I noticed the expiration date, September 2...  Last Monday after my 38 week check I found out I was hardly progressing and got a bit depressed and decided we needed to get out and get our minds off things.  I was VERY worried how I would be able to handle 2 full days of being out and about, but I was also tired of not being able to be the kind of mom I want to be.  So, we decided to just go for it and get out and have some fun!

First, we went to the Olympic Park in Park City and went zip-lining and rode the Alpine Slide there.  It was a lot of fun!  Johnathan & Ashlyn did the zip-line and the boys and I did the slide.  Jacob had his little heart set on doing the zip-line, but didn't weigh enough so he had to do the slide with me.  He is still bummed about it too.











Next, we went to Sundance and rode the tram up the mountain.  It was fun, but I was also pretty scared on the actual tram.  Being on top of the mountain was beautiful!  John was laughing at me when my 'protective mother' kicked in.  If the kids got within 5 feet of an edge or slope, I was either holding their hands or telling them to back away.  What can I say?  I want to keep my babies safe!











To end off our first day, we stopped at the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum.
















1 comment:

  1. Wow, those seem like amazing passes! Tell me about them when you see them again. And I think the wheel chair was a genius idea. I'm sitting here wondering to myself why I've never done that... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete