Background 575

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today we've been having fun with food!  We had green pancakes this morning AND THE KIDS ATE IT!  Most of you don't know how weird my kids are with food so this might not seem extraordinary, but to me it was!  It used to be that if food coloring touched any type of food, that made it yucky so they wouldn't eat it.  Green milk, green eggs, or anything like that was disgusting.  NOT ANYMORE!!!  Hooray!!!

Anyways, Here's a pic of my pancakes (because pictures make everything more fun).  I attempted to do a 4 leaf clover pancake and believe me, that was hard!  It turned out more like a square, so I quickly gave up and did boring round ones.

Later, after all our work was done, we made Rainbow Cupcakes.  This is starting to be a tradition for St. Patrick's Day and we all love it.  I just separate out the cake batter into 6 different bowls and use food coloring to make a rainbow of colors, then I layer the colors into the liners.


This year, I wanted super white frosting (to look like fluffy clouds), so I made my own.  It was easy and tastes delish!  (Sorry for the blurry pics.  I REALLY need a new camera!!!)

 Taking a bite is my favorite part because it looks so cool!  And it tastes yummy :)  We always add a little bit of mint flavor (to the cake batter and the frosting).  Mmmmmmm!

Mommy's little helpers!




No comments:

Post a Comment