Background 575

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mothers Day

Mothers Day was such a good day for me!  I need to include the day before too.  I was feeling so good physically, mentally & emotionally that I got a lot done.  Probably the most I've done all year, honestly.  I had almost no nerve pain all day.  Can I just say how awesome that was?!?!  On Sunday, Johnathan rushed home from work (and I didn't hear him come in, which is unusual), and the kids and him made me breakfast in bed.  I was so surprised, which is also unusual.  I got some new maternity clothes, so now I have more than 4 shirts and yoga pants to wear!  My mom also gave me the most beautiful flowers.  I LOVE daisies!


After church we had a nap and then woke up and played games together.  John cooked a yummy dinner and wouldn't let me help clean up.  It was such a nice, relaxing day.

Everyone made me homemade cards (the BEST kind).  I really want to share what they say because they are so cute!

Jayden's card was a poem about me:

Just amazing
Appreciated
Nice
Awesome

Mom!
Optimistic
Totally
Heavenly
Elegant
Righteous
Satisfier

Dear
Awesome
Yellow liker
!

Ashlyn's card was a bunch of questions for her to answer:

I love you because- you always keep me safe and sound at home.
You love me because- I am just like you.
I love it when you- go on a date with dad.
My favorite thing to do with you is- ride bikes with you and dad.
While I am at school you like to- take naps after lunch.
You look beautiful when- you get dressed in the morning.
I know you are upset when- I don't listen to you.
I know you are happy when- I do listen to you.
My favorite thing you cook is- broccoli soup.  Mmmmmmmmm!  Yummy!
Your favorite thing to say is- "I love you sweetie!"

She also wrote me a letter:

Dear mom,

I love it when you cook me dinner every day.  you are a great example to everybody.  You are spectacular at your handwriting.  You are so special to me.  I love how you are so kind to other people.  You are a great mom because you always help me with my homework.  I love how you are so good at remembering stuff.  I love how you look when you curl your hair and when you put on your makeup on your face.  I love how you curl your eyelashes.  I love how you are sometimes fancy.  I like that you can face your fears.  I am glad that you are pregnant with a baby girl that is healthy.  I love that you hate chocolate cake.  You are a great mother.  You are awesome!  Happy mother's Day!

Love your daughter,
Ashlyn Allen



I am so thankful for each one of my kids.  They are just awesome!  I love each of their personalities and what they add to our family.  I'm one lucky momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment