Background 575

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

24 Weeks, 16 more to go!




Another month down!  Everything is still looking good with baby.  This week, she is roughly 1 pound.  The doctor told us that next time we meet, she will be about 2  1/2 pounds, so she'll have doubled in size!  So far I have gained 10 pounds.  I feel like that's a good amount, meaning not too much, but I'm not for sure. 

Overall, I feel like my hips are doing a little better with staying in place.  I am trying to cut back going to the chiropractor to only once a week.  He told me that my hips are moving into place a little easier, and I feel like for the most part they are hurting less.  I still have problems with them, especially if I sit on a hard chair, but I'm learning what I have to avoid to have less pain.  As of right now, my biggest problem is pelvic nerve pain.  Most days are just painful.  It hurts to walk, to go up stairs, to bend over and step into pants, to carry heavy things, and to climb into bed.  I also wake up every night in pain.  I know it's going to get worse when the baby grows heavier too.  I'm just trying to brace myself...  And keep a positive attitude...  It's hard when all day is so painful though.

When I compare her activity with the other kids, I think she is pretty mellow.  I am trying to not get to excited about that thought, because you never know what her personality will be like.  When I was pregnant with Jacob, I knew he would be a more active child though.  It seemed like he never stopped moving and kicking.  We'll see!  Just a few days ago, all the kids were able to feel her moving.  Now they are always feeling my belly to see if they can feel her.  It's really fun, for me and them.

UPDATE:  Once again, I had this post mostly ready a week ago and failed to post it.  I am now 25 weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're in so much pain! That's so hard to live with. Keep hanging in there! That cute little baby will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete