Background 575

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Counting Down

Jacob is 4.  He doesn't understand the concept of time.  He is super excited for a new baby, but he keeps asking if it's time yet.  So I make a count down chain to keep myself sane.  He was really excited to help out too.  I let him write the weeks on each paper, which was great practice for him writing his numbers (Shhh.  Don't tell him that!)  Ashlyn & Jayden took turns helping to write the size of the baby (compared to fruit) next to that.  Then we assembled the chain and hung it up.  Now Jacob will stop asking when the baby will come.


There has been one problem I didn't foresee with this project.  I have to sit and look at the chain.  It is a painful reminder of how slow this pregnancy is going.  I am not ready quite yet for the baby (mentally), but that chain looks WAY too long!  It will be a LONG Spring & Summer... But, at least I'm finally feeling mostly better.

And, we have some other good news!  We get to have an early ultrasound!  I'm only 16 weeks, but we find out on Thursday what we are having!  Hooray!




1 comment:

  1. Exciting! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete