Background 575

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

16 weeks

I am 16 weeks pregnant.  Yeah!  I am mostly feeling better from the morning sickness.  I hope.  Last time I said that, actually the last 2 times I've said that, I was lying.  Around 12 weeks I felt good for 2 whole days in a row.  I thought I was over it, and then I crashed again.  Then about a week and a half ago I had 6 good days in a row!  Then I crashed again, although not as bad as before.

I had my 16 week check-up on Monday.  Ashlyn got to come with to hear the babies heartbeat.  I think she was mostly surprised at what is sounded like.  I'm not sure what she was expecting, but it wasn't that.  She was also surprised that I "showed the Doctor my belly".  We had a talk about how it's okay for Doctors to see our bodies so they can help us.  I did not tell her that that was nothing compared to when the baby is born...  Maybe later...

I am measuring large.  2-3 weeks large to be exact.  Oh, so that's why I am already uncomfortable in a lot of ways.  I think I have been growing so fast that my body is having a hard time adjusting.  Since this is my second visit of measuring large, the doctor let me schedule an early ultrasound.  I have also NEVER measured large before.  We are going to make sure there's only 1 baby and also check to make sure my dates are right.  I'll take it!  I wont say no to an early ultrasound!  So, we go in on Thursday to find out if it's a boy or girl.  Everyone is rooting for a girl to make things even, but we'll see.

Here's my pregnancy pics from this week:






I've also started seeing a chiropractor for some issues I've been having with my hips.

I started having problems when I was a teenager.  If I stood up too quickly, my hips would pull out of socket.  That lessened over time but still happens occasionally.  My hips hurt if I sit on the floor cross-legged, if I go hiking or walking up a steep incline, and if I walk too many stairs.  I also have to sleep with a pillow between my knees.

For some reason this pregnancy is killing my hips.  They wake me up every night (already) aching.  Some nights I have to get up out of bed because they hurt so bad.  I really hope the chiropractor can help.  I have never been to one before, so I was sort of nervous but mostly excited to get some help.

When I went to my first appointment I told him of all my problems and what makes it worse, etc.  He was very surprised that it comes out of socket.  Then he asked if I had ever had it looked at by a doctor.  At this point I felt stupid.  I have no idea why I haven't.  It is probably a serious problem that I have just dealt with and didn't need to.  Oh well.  He had me lay on a special bed for pregnant women to pop my entire body back in.  He told me that my left leg (the worst hip) was out so bad that that leg was actually 1/2"-1" shorter than the other.  For the most part it was just weird getting adjusted.  I hated the neck part.  Too many cracks.  But, when he was done, I walked out with NO HIP PAIN!  It was obvious too.  It has just been a normal thing for me that it was weird to not feel my hip.  I have to go back in a couple days to make sure everything is still "in".

I was hoping last night would be a good night because my hip was feeling good.  But, I woke up with it hurting again.  It wasn't as bad as it has been, but I'm feeling a little disappointed.  I think my expectations were a little too high.  We'll see what he says next time.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that sounds awful! Pregnancy is so long and hard on it's own, but that's no fun to have added problems. I hope it gets easier! And. . . I kind of hope you're having twins. . .:)

    ReplyDelete