Background 575

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homework

I have just a couple funny stories from homework time today.

Tonight we were all gathered around the kitchen table doing homework together.  Ashlyn was writing her sentences for her spelling words and she put an exclamation at the end of the sentence.  This was her sentence:

Tomorrow we are going to a store that is called Costco!

I wanted to show her that that sentence isn't one that you would really yell to someone, so I demonstrated by yelling it (basically in her face, but not intentionally...).  I totally scared her and she screamed loud while the rest of us laughed at her reaction.  Then I looked over at Jacob who had his head down on the table.  I called his name and he looked up at me and he was crying.  Apparently I scared him too.  Enough to make him cry. 

Good job Jana, good job.  Mother of the year award goes to me.

Another funny story, sort of an inside joke at our house, stems from the movie 'Up'.  You know the dog that is friendly and he keeps getting distracted and randomly says "Squirrel!"  I use it at our house when someone is displaying symptoms of ADD.  So, back to tonight at homework time.  We are at the table again and Jacob (out of nowhere) pops his head up and says "Squirrel!"  Yep, I think you got it buddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment