Background 575

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pinterest

About a month ago I jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon.  I had been avoiding it because everyone said it is so addictive.  I didn't need something else to distract me!  I finally gave in and I love it!  And, it hasn't been a huge time waste for me either!  In the last couple weeks I have actually been using/making those things I've found on Pinterest.  I'm super excited about them, so I'll share them on here!

I've been doing A LOT of spring cleaning!  I found a lot of helpful cleaning tips that I love!  One of which was for cleaning your stove/oven.  I've never cleaned an oven until a week ago.  The inside looked so bad, that I couldn't avoid it any longer.   I found a link on Pinterest and sprinkled baking soda in the bottom of my oven and then some vinegar and let it sit for 20ish minutes.  AMAZING!  It seriously wiped off with NO scrubbing at all!  I also used it on the burners area where there was some dried on stuff that has never come off.  It came off!  I'm sold! 

The next thing I found has solved our bathroom counter mess!  Ashlyn has a lot of flower clips & headbands that were taking over our small bathroom counter.  It was always a mess!  I found a cute, very easy to make organizer and I LOVE it!  It's just a wood picture frame with hooks on the bottom and some ribbon glued to the back.  I love that people think of these cool ideas and I benefit from it! 



My last Pinterest project is probably my favorite! I've been wanting something to organize my cans for a LONG time!  I found a tutorial online and enlisted my hubby's help.  (He was glad to have an excuse to use power tools) 



It holds 81-ish cans (9 slots, 9 cans per slot).  It is super solid too!  This barely made a dent in my cans though, so Johnathan kindly offered agreed to make me a double one.  Then I can get all my case-lot cans organized!!  For a single size, it cost $30 for 1 sheet of plywood & some nails.  That's basically it!  I did take a lot of time to cut it out, because we didn't have a table saw (it's on the 'someday' list!)  We'll wait to do the other one until we have access to one.

THANK YOU PINTEREST (and the wonderful people who came up with these ideas)!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go to Jonathon for making that can organizer! I'm still avoiding Pinterest. . . but I'm glad for everyone who shares what they learn from it!

    ReplyDelete