Background 575

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

32 Weeks!!

 YEAH!!  I am 32 weeks!  Only 8 more to go!  At so many different times during this pregnancy, I thought I'd never get to this point.  It's gone by super slowly, but I can now see the light at the end! 

I am actually (and FINALLY) feeling fairly good.  Actually, better than I've felt the whole pregnancy, and that is saying something because I'm almost done!  The uncomfortable-ness has set in, and yes I know it will get worse.  I am super excited to not have nerve pain anymore.  I was having trouble sleeping, and still do off and on, but I usually get fairly good sleep.  I think that has a lot to do with why I am feeling better than before.  I just REALLY need my sleep!  I have also settled into a routine with my hips.  I go once a week to the chiropractor (usually when I have a rough/painful night sleeping) and then I'm good.  I know what to not do to make them fall out of place easier.  Over all, I'm doing well.

The baby is roughly 4 lbs and 15 inches long.  At the Dr's office, the kids held the baby that's roughly the same size.  I think they were surprised how big she is!  The doctor said "This is why you're mom can't move fast anymore.  She's got something this size in her tummy."  I love that he said that to the kids! 

Summer is going by fairly quickly.  The kids keep me busy, which is good.  It's just so hot!  But at least I have air conditioning  :)


This was from a month ago, when I was 28 weeks:


Last Monday, I hit 28 weeks.  Like usual I am a tad bit late.  Oh well.  I was really nervous about this appointment because I would find out my results of the gestational diabetes.  This pregnancy has been nothing like the rest of my pregnancies, so I was nervous I would fail this test.  But, I passed!  I am so relieved!

The baby is approximately 2 1/2 lbs.  Next time I go in (at 32 weeks) she'll be 4 lbs!  I feel like we're finally making progress :)  I can tell she's growing lots because I am starting to feel very full all the time.  2 1/2 more months to go.  She's getting more active, but doesn't kick too hard or too much still.  **Fingers crossed for a mellow baby**  I probably just cursed myself...

Four weeks ago I was in a lot of pain with my nerves.  For the most part, that has eased up.  I didn't know how I would make it with everything being so painful.  I ended up having to quit exercising and that has made such a big difference!  Now I can tell my hips have loosened up again (because of the lack of exercising) and are more painful & easier to fall out of place, but in my opinion it's much more manageable than the constant nerve pain.  I have also hit the hard to sleep stage.  My doctor just told me what sleeping pills I can safely take, thank heavens.  I was getting about 3-5 hours sleep a night.  Me and no sleep= grumpy mom.  But, these pills are really helping.  Thanks heavens for modern medicine!

Another thing I discovered is that I cannot watch Call the Midwife.  I watched the first episode a few days ago and I started stressing about labor & problems with the baby.  Like on the verge of having an anxiety attack.  I think we'll just leave that show alone for now.  That show was too graphic & worry-some for this pregnant girl. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are getting better for you! You look great! Hang in there, she will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete