Background 575

Monday, April 15, 2013

20 Weeks- HALFWAY!!!

So, I wrote this post a week ago...  I've been waiting for pictures to post with this but I'm just gonna post and update with pics later, not that anyone really cares that much but it will be fun to look back and see them.  I'm now 21 weeks, but here's my update from week 20.




YEA!  I'm halfway done!  I have so many emotions with that one statement.  This pregnancy has really been going by so slowly.  I know lots of people say that and I've said it before with previous pregnancies, but I really mean it with this one.  It feels like it will never end.  I did say that about the morning sickness that felt never ending, but it's finally (mostly) over.  I still have a day or two every now and then when I feel nauseous, but it's SO MUCH BETTER than it was, so I'll take it.  It feels exciting to be to at a momentous week.  Half done!  The kids are beyond excited too.  I can't wait till we get to hold our little girl, fresh from heaven.

Everything looks good with the baby so far.  We heard her heartbeat today, such a good sound!  The doctor brought in a model of a 20 week old baby which was fun to see.  He compared it to the 12 week old one and I am amazed at the growth in 8 weeks!  What a miracle!  I am still measuring large.  I guess I probably will the whole time.

Now on to my vent session...  I am so ready to be done being pregnant!  I know it's all worth it.  I know I am VERY blessed to be able to have kids of my own.  That doesn't make it easy though.  This pregnancy is thoroughly kicking my trash!  I have had so many more problems (physically) than with any of the others.  Blame it on my age and probably being more out of shape than with the others.  I am still going to the chiropractor twice a week to put my hips back in place.  Sometimes I can make it 5 days without his help, other times I have to go in after 2 days.  It's getting expensive, but I feel like it's necessary.  He gave me some exercises to strengthen the muscles around my hips.  I'm hoping they will help out more.  I am also having a lot of nerve pain that I normally get in the 3rd trimester.  I have a belly band that helps take the pressure off the nerves that I use for the worst days.  I try to not get discouraged about how much harder it's going to get...  I can do it.  I'm pretty sure I have no other choice :)

Next week we get to have another ultrasound.  This one is more in depth to see her heart and other organs.  I hope I can get through it with the technician.  He is super annoying and loves to jab the ultrasound wand thing into my stomach to get the baby to move.  Hello dude, that hurts!  Last time my stomach was bright red when he was done.

There you go.  4 more weeks down, 20 (well, now 19) more weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jana! I'm happy she's healthy! Having just gone through it though, I'm so glad I'm not pregnant. The only thing worse than being pregnant is not being able to get pregnant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli! I'm thinking it's worse to not be able to have kids. I am VERY thankful we don't have that problem and feel so bad for all who struggle with that. I hope this post wasn't too negative... I guess these are my thoughts as of right now, so that's what I wrote :)

    ReplyDelete