Background 575

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Halloween

So, I got a bit behind on the blog.  It happens to us all, right?  I procrastinate one post and then I feel like I cant do any more because they (apparently) have to be in a certain order... 

So, I'm  catching up!  Here's our Halloween! Just 1 month late :)

At the kids' school (charter school), they have the kids dress up for Halloween according to what they are learning about in history.  Personally, I love it.  I really don't like the whole scary, bloody Halloween thing.  Who am I kidding, I don't like Halloween in general, but I feel like I can handle dressing up by history theme for school.

 Ashlyn as an indian (obviously...)
 Another indian
 The cutest cowboy in the west!
 Our Wild West kids!


We went out trick-or-treating around 6 and just went around our neighborhood.  We sort of met up with some friends that live across the street which was fun to walk together.  I didn't really think through things too well this year.  Johnathan had to work so I went around with kids trick-or-treating.  No one was at home to hand out candy so we ended up with WAY to much left over candy.  I made Johnathan take it to work since he can eat it all and gain 0 pounds...  Not fair, BELIEVE ME, I know!
 
 Waiting at a door. SO CUTE!
 Jacob's not afraid to hold hands with his friend :)

Jacob was super funny while we were walking around.  He was so slow choosing candy from people.  He tried to pick a different kind at each house, then just gave up.  But he was still slow.  The older kids kept wanting to run from door to door but I made them wait for Jacob.  He also started telling everyone "Have a Happy Halloween!"  It surprised most people to hear a 4 year old say that rather than just running off.  It was cute, but then again, I'm biased.

 We stopped by the Fire Station to say Hi 
*sigh*  I love my man in uniform!

 We also stopped by to see our cute cousins!
They dressed up in a Star Wars theme

We hope you had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! Jacob always has the cutest faces. . .

    ReplyDelete